Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Standing Tied Practice

Flyboy had an easy day in the sun today. We were so warm and relaxed and lazy. We played a few ground games, and I gave both horses a massage and, amateur though I may be, they seemed to enjoy it! Fly spent quite a while standing at the rail while I did that, and then I trimmed his feet and got proper measurements on each hoof so I can fit him for boots. He will be needing them soon. And who knows, if the weather stays like this we will be able to start putting in some miles on the trails!

Fly was very patient and relaxed while tied. This is a good improvement! I eventually tied him to the trailer and gave him a hay net while Keno got some attention. Even when he got the rope over his neck he did not panic or get upset--he just figured out how to deal with it.

I am looking forward to a lesson tomorrow in the outdoor arena! Hope we don't get sunburned!

No comments:

Post a Comment