Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trailer Solo

Yay! Fly did it! I trailered him solo down to the arena and although he was a little nervous, it was no big deal. He loaded fairly well and unloaded like a champ. Whew. I hope he is getting past the bad memories and we can just carry on from where we were pre-November 23, 2011.

I had heard the arena was booked for calf roping so this afternoon I just planned on giving Flyboy some solo practice in the trailer. However, after loading him, I headed down to check out the arena activity and no one was there! I let Fly run, did some ground games and gave him a good grooming before loading him up to trailer home again. Even though he wasn't as relaxed as when Keno is with him, it still went fairly smooth and I am encouraged. We will be adding lots of solo trips from now on. This is supposed to be a good weather week, so hopefully we can get out for a trail ride somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment