Sunday, September 25, 2011

Poker Ride

OK. I think I blew a really good training op yesterday. I took Keno to a local poker ride fund raiser, and although we had tons of fun and Keno enjoyed himself, I think it would have been great training for Flyboy, too. Kind of a mini-endurance ride situation. I didn't know what to expect in the way of activities, number of horses, or terrain, so I opted not to take Flyboy to face the unknown this soon in our relationship.

I should have been a little more daring because I think he would have handled it quite well--there were only twenty or so horses, easy (I mean really easy!) trails, and although there were lots of four-wheelers entered they were on different trails. We participated in some fun little activities like a horseshoe toss, football throw, barrel racing on a stick horse, and BB gun shooting. Nothing too serious obviously! It would have been good for Flyboy! I hope they have another one soon!

In any case, I am excited about this week. The fall colors are blazing in the canyon--gotta take this boy out to see the local sights! We have some arena work to do also, as well as the ongoing ground work/play that we do daily. Plus, think Flyboy likes me. I do. It's kind of like that floaty feeling I had in sixth grade when I though Jeff Sumner liked me. Only better, because that kid was way shorter than me, and Flyboy is just the right size!

No comments:

Post a Comment