Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hay Tree



I finished the hay tree project and tried it out this afternoon. (Would also work for tether ball!) Both Fly and Keno were quite fascinated! Heehee! It's more of a toy/nibble tree than anything. It really slows down their consumption since the net swings around quite a bit as they nibble. I'm going to make another one to put at the other end of the arena to help create a little movement. These guys are so happy with each other, they are content to stand behind the barn and swish flies all day. The hay trees will add a little excitement for the horses and entertainment for the neighbors!

I played with both horses at home this afternoon. I found out Flyboy can jump! He seemed to like jumping the barrel I sent him over several times. He is getting a little better at the sideways game, too--that seems kind of hard for him. Moving away from pressure is easy if it's his hind hindquarters I want to move, and he is tons better at driving his forequarters away, too. But he is rather insensitive about moving away from pressure on his barrel, or moving sideways. If I press with my finger tips or my stick he doesn't move until I am using tons of pressure. I am very quick to release the second he starts to move, but progress is slow. It will come, I know because I'm convinced he is very smart. He backs well and is great with the squeeze game. Hopefully all these things will help with trailer loading.


No comments:

Post a Comment