Friday, October 28, 2011

New Saddle Has Arrived

I took Keno out with a couple of friends to a new trail in the hills east of a neighboring town. Hunters are crawling the canyons right now, so we were covered in orange. We didn't get shot and we had a spectacular ride. Keno was happy to get a turn to go and was energetic and relaxed, of course. I love that boy! I can't wait to go back and explore a little farther--miles of inviting trails and scenic views. The only down side was the very dusty dirt road we had to drive in on!

I am absolutely, completely, totally, 100% blown away. Get this: I ordered a saddle the day before yesterday and it arrived this afternoon! The Down Under Saddlery folks have certainly lived up to their web reviews in the customer service department. They obviously wrote the definition for "fast, friendly service!" Tomorrow we'll see if the saddle itself will live up to its reviews; it is gorgeous. And big. Bigger than my Longreach and certainly heavier although the seat size is supposedly smaller. I sure hope it fits me and Flyboy. If it does, I will have to modify it to remove some of the weight: swap out the thick leathers and very beautiful (but very heavy) brass stirrups for webbers and aluminum endurance stirrups, Wintec dressage girth instead of the very nice (but very heavy) fancy girth. I will post pictures tomorrow. It really is a beautifully made saddle. My fingers are crossed! I will head for the arena in the morning to try out the new ride on both horses. It would be awesome if it actually fits Keno, too. Hope I can sleep tonight..... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment