Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm Back!

I received a phone call last Thursday afternoon from my daughter. She said, "Mom, it's time." So into the truck I jumped and headed down the road. Five hours later and no broken speed limits to speak of (at least not very broken), I arrived, and three hours after that, their son was born! I have been there all week, helping out and enjoying the tiny new addition to the family. I was glad I had a reliable chore girl to take care of my horses and dogs. I use her regularly; she does a good job, so I don't stress too much about being away for a week!

Now, I realize my last post was a vent. I admit I was frustrated, but it was just a vent. Flyboy is young in his education and I don't expect it to all be totally smooth sailing. I am not giving up on him; we just have work to do and training holes to fill. We have time. He is young. I have ideas. I have patience. And I have a good trainer/mentor.

I got home late last night, had to be at work early this morning, and had a 2:00 o'clock work party to attend. But since I get off work at noon, I figured I had time to get my two boys down to the arena to let them blow off a little steam. Did they ever! Flyboy flew! Around and around the arena he and Keno ran. Fly can really turn on the juice when he wants to!

I saddled him a few minutes later using the new Grandeur Suspension saddle pad that conveniently arrived yesterday afternoon. It looks to be a good fit with the Black Forest Shasta. It seems like a very high quality pad. I am hoping (desperately!) that it won't cause any rubs on Flyboy. I will be relieved if our saddle fit issues are over! I like the saddle very much so I hope this pad will help it work for Fly. I only rode him half an hour so a better test will be performed tomorrow. I'm hoping to get out on a trail ride since we are still enjoying a mild winter with none of that cold wet frozen stuff making mud everywhere!

Trailer loading today was a complete non-issue. Fly just got in the trailer like a normal horse. Keno went in behind him. Hmmmm. Maybe more about that later, but for today at least--calm seas and smooth sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment