Sunday, October 30, 2011

Saddle Sadness

BooHoo. The new saddle doesn't work. It seems to fit Flyboy pretty well, but the seat is way too wide for me. I actually need a fairly narrow twist to be comfortable, and this saddle unfortunately doesn't fit the bill. Dang. I was really hoping it would work since my Down Under Longreach is pretty comfortable for me; I didn't think there would be that much difference. You can actually look at the two saddles side-by-side and see how much wider the seat of the Campdraft is though.
I am the most comfortable riding Fly in my Stubben Siegfried. It has a narrow twist and fits me well, but I'm not sure Flyboy is really happy in it. I rode him in the arena for half an hour in it yesterday and felt like something was bothering him--it's hard to say what, though. Saddle too wide, bored with the arena, wishing he was out on trail instead? I don't know; it was just a feeling I was getting from him. So the saddle search goes on. I wish they could put Aussie poleys on my jumping saddle and make sure it fits Fly. All I want is comfort and security for both of us-- that's not too much to ask is it? But in my price range?

Dream saddle list: (I've ridden miles in these!)

1. Arabian Saddle Company Solstice--(SO comfy!)
2. Orthoflex English Endurance Saddle-(lux!)
3. Freeform Cutback SB Classic--(cushy, cushy)

Reality saddle list:

1. Used, under $500

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment