Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Big Mountain

Well, Flyboy got to climb his mountain today--the mountain he needed yesterday! A couple of friends and I rode a few miles up a dirt road in the canyon this sunny, lovely, warm-for-the-end-of-November afternoon! It was a great ride even though Fly and Janie got "stuck" when they first spotted Tammy and Joker way up ahead. They could not figure out why Tammy was off her horse and walking--something about that just couldn't be right, so neither horse wanted go closer. It took a few minutes to convince Flyboy that it was just a person and they were OK. Once we got close enough, Fly let out a big sigh, "Oh yeah, I know them!" I wonder if horses get embarrassed.

We rode all the way up, up, up to the cattle tank on top. Fly was good boy, but it was a workout! Long winter coat + unseasonably warm weather + big mountain = hot, sweaty horse. I got off and walked part of the way down to give him a break. We met my husband hiking up the road as we headed back to the trailer. He was not nearly as scary looking as Tammy and Joker. Go figure!

I am going to have to spend some time doing some trailer-loading practice with Fly again. He is quite upset about the incident last week. He needs to regroup and start from the beginning. He needs to gain confidence all over again. Today he travelled loose. Hopefully Marleen can help me tomorrow at my lesson; I just needed an extra hand today.

But I did get my slant panel fixed already. A great handy-man here in town repaired the slant panel and even the old dents in the fender! I dropped the trailer off at his house yesterday afternoon and picked it up when I got off work this morning. You sure can't beat that! Thanks, Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment