Monday, November 14, 2011

Out With The Boys

Sunny and warm!!
It's hard to believe it's the middle of November with temperatures in the mid fifties! I totally love it! I rode Keno and ponied Flyboy out in the west hills for an hour of trotting. With occasional shoulder yanking going on. Grrrr! Keno was feeling quite good, and Fly was, too, but sometimes he would hang back a little and my poor shoulder took a beating. He got the hang of it though (no pun intended!), and Keno quit shooting bossy glares at Flyboy, and we all trotted happily along.

I got back to the trailer and decided my shoulder and arm hadn't had enough so I pulled out my rasp and did a quick touch-up on all eight feet. The sunshine was just so nice and the sky so blue and I just could have stayed out there all day.....

Eventually I did make it home and got started on my new feeder project. (Yet another version of a slow feeder--I am perpetually experimenting to find the perfect feeding system!) I have seen a couple of these online, and just had to have one of course! The feeder seems to work quite well on Day One, but time and hungry horses will tell. I will update my opinions on this system again in a few days. I hope it is Keno-proof. And I know Flyboy can't beat up in this gridwall like he does the small mesh hay nets. Hopefully it will allow for "grazing" around the clock.
The new saddle arrived in The Big Brown Van this evening! I'm tempted to go try it out in the dark. It looks beautiful, but I must say it looks rather wide in the seat like the Master Campdraft I tried a couple of weeks ago. I hope, I hope, I hope the twist is narrow enough and it will suit both Flyboy and me!

Can't you just feel that sunshine?

No comments:

Post a Comment